Call Queue - Update the Messages and Notification Settings | RingCentral
NOTE: The steps below are applicable for your Call Queue Hours. To make these changes on the Call Queue's After Hours settings your Call Queue's Call Handling must be set to Send callers to call queue voicemail.
2. Go to Phone System > Groups
, on the Call Queues tab, select the Call Queue Group that needs to be modified.
3. Click Messages & Notifications. Select if you want to make the changes on your Business Hours or After Hours.
NOTE: You can make these changes on your Call Queue's After Hours if your Call Queue's After Hours Call Handling is set to Send callers to call queue voicemail.
a. Voicemail Greeting
1. To change the default greeting, click Edit
under Voicemail Greeting.
A dialog box will appear, select Custom
in the Set Greeting
2. Select how you’d like to set your custom recording.
Record Over the Phone
1. Click Phone.
Select a number RingCentral will call from the Call me at
If you prefer RingCentral to call you on a different number instead, select Enter a new number
from the the drop-down list then enter the number.
Click the Call Now. RingCentral will call the number that you specified, and further instructions for recording your custom greetings will be given over the phone.
Record Using Computer Microphone
1. Select Computer Microphone, and then click Record to begin recording your custom greeting using your computer's microphone.
NOTE: You may need to enable the microphone settings in your browser to record your voicemail greeting.
2. Click Record once more to end your recording.
3. Click Upload.
NOTE: Click Play to listen to your recording or Record to re-record your prompt. Click Cancel to cancel recording.
4. Click Done.
NOTE: Click Play to listen to your recording or Record to re-record your prompt. Click Download to save a copy of your recording.
[Back to Recording Options]
[Back to Settings List]
Importing lets you upload an audio file stored on your computer. It is recommended to use .wav audio file formats, otherwise it will not work correctly. Recommended audio file formats are:
• CCITT u-Law (G711a), 8kHz, 8 bit, mono
• PCM, 8kHz, 16 bit, mono
1. Select Import, and then click Browse.
2. Browse to the location of the file that you wish to upload, and then select the file.
b. Message Recipient
1. Under Message Recipient, click Select Extension.
A pop-up will appear. Choose the extension where you want to receive and save the messages. Click Done
c. Voicemail to Text
The Voicemail to Text feature provides a text version of your voicemail that allows you to get the gist of the message. It is not intended to be a perfectly accurate transcription of the voicemail. It may take a few minutes to deliver the text version of your voicemail to your RingCentral mobile or desktop application or via e-mail. To enable or disable this feature, follow the steps below:
1. Under Messages & Notifications
, click Settings
2. Under Voicemail to Text
, toggle to ON
(Enable), or to OFF
(Disable) the voicemail-to-text feature.[Back to Settings List]
As an Administrator, you can set up notifications to be sent to your phone or email when a voicemail, fax, or text message is sent to your extensions.
1. Under Messages & Notifications
, go to Settings
. Click Edit
2. You can select how you want to be notified, Notify By Email
or Notify By SMS
, by checking the box next to the following:
• Voicemail Messages
• Received Faxes
• Missed Calls
• Received Text Messages
Enter the Email Address
where you want the email notifications to be sent. You can enter multiple email addresses to receive the email notification by separating each using a comma. Click Save
Enter the Phone Number
where you want to receive the Text notification, and then choose the phone number's carrier from the drop-down list. Click Add
. Once the phone number is added, click Save
. If your carrier is not listed, you can contact your carrier to find out the email address by which you can receive text messages and enter it into the Phone Number
field. For example email@example.com.NOTE:
To remove the number, click the Litter Bin
.[Back to Settings List]
1. Under Messages & Notifications, go to Settings. Click Edit under Notifications.
2. Select Advanced Settings
from the drop-down list.
3. Under the Advanced Settings, click Customize Notifications to find the additional options:
• Include attachment with email
When this option is checked, you can have a copy of your Voicemail (.mp3 file)
and Fax Message (.pdf file)
sent to your email• Mark messages as read once emailed
When this option is checked, your Voice and Fax messages will be marked as read on your RingCentral online account, mobile app, and desktop app, when we send you the email notification.
4. If you want the notifications to be sent to the same email and mobile address set on your Voicemail Notifications, check the box next to Use same email as for voicemail
If you want to send your Fax Notifications to a different email address for example, uncheck Use same email as for voicemail
, and then enter the Email Address
where you want to receive the notifications.
5. Click Done.
IMPORTANT: For HIPAA regulated accounts (RingCentral US and Canada), automatic forwarding of messages through SMS and email attachments is not available. Messages for these accounts will also have a 30-day expiry. Users may still check their messages through their deskphones, Softphones or the mobile app.[Back to Settings List]