How do you set up 3rd Party/BYOD Polycom phones to work with RingCentral?
What phones are supported for Manual Provisioning
• Polycom phones that are not listed here.
The following phone models will not work with RingCentral:
• Polycom Lync CX Series phones: CX100, CX300, CX500, CX600, CX3000, CX5100
• Retired Polycom SoundPoint IP phones: IP300 / IP301 / IP320 / IP330 / IP430 / IP500 / IP501 / IP600 / IP601
• Retired Polycom SoundStation IP phones: IP4000 / SoundStation Premier
What are the requirements before you proceed to set up your phone
1. Check on this list if your phone is supported by Assisted Provisioning: RingCentral - List of Supported Phones
If supported, follow the instructions on this guide: Deskphones - Assisted Provisioning | Polycom | Setup 3rd Party/BYOD phones
2. If you purchased your device from a different provider, make sure that the phone is unlocked before you proceed.
You may encounter an error that the phone is not registering with RingCentral. This may mean that the phone is locked with your previous provider. Please contact your previous provider's support to have the phone unlocked.
3. You need to Add a Local Phone Number and assign the Phone number to your Desk phone.
What are the steps for Manual Provisioning
1. Add a Local Phone Number and assign it to your existing Polycom phone.
2. Get the SIP Settings from your RingCentral Online account.
3. Access Phone's user web interface to enter SIP Settings.
Refer to your phone's user guide or contact your phone's support hotline for specific instructions.
• RingCentral does not provide additional support for phones purchased from third party vendors. For product support on devices not purchased from RingCentral, please refer to the product's vendor for support.
• Some RingCentral desk phone features will not work on manually provisioned phones. It may vary depending on your desk phone model.
How to check the status of your phone
To check if your Polycom phone is Online after manual provisioning, go to Admin Portal > Phone System > Phones & Devices > User Phones. Your phone is Online when you see a Green Check next to it.