Update (E911) Emergency Address
IMPORTANT: Users with no Emergency Address will not be able to make outbound calls, but they can still call 911. The Emergency Address should be the users' physical mailing address.
IMPORTANT: Users can also update the Emergency Address on their extension by going to Settings > Phones & Numbers > Phones. Click Edit opposite the device, then click Edit Address. Follow Step 4 onwards as your guide.
IMPORTANT: Dialing 9-1-1 in Canada directs the caller to the National Call Center that transfers the call to a Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP). The PSAP transfers the call to a local station which can result in delays in reaching a 9-1-1 operator.
1. Log in to your RingCentral Online account as an administrator.
2. Under Phone System, click Phones & Devices.
3. Select the extension with the Emergency Address that needs to be updated.
4. Under Emergency Address, click Edit Address.
5. Enter your new E911 Dialing or Emergency Address.
IMPORTANT: Do NOT include special characters in the Customer Name field. Your address will be verified, so please enter a true physical address. Suite and apartment numbers should always be entered in the Apartment / Suite # field. Ensure to update this address whenever you change your physical location.
6. Read the important notes about E911 then tick the checkbox to confirm that you understand. Click I Accept to accept the terms.
7. Click Save to confirm the changes.