Manual Provisioning: How do I set up my Desk Phone to work with RingCentral
1. Get the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Settings.
SIP or Session Initiation Protocol is a communications protocol for signaling and controlling multimedia communication sessions, including voice over IP. This information is needed when manually provisioning your IP Phone with the RingCentral Service.
NOTE: The SIP information varies per digital line. To find the SIP information on the RingCentral Online Account, go to: How do I get the SIP settings on the RingCentral Online Account?
2. Access Phone's user web interface to enter SIP Settings. Refer to your phone's user guide or contact your phone's support hotline for specific instructions.
NOTE: Some RingCentral desk phone features will not work on manually provisioned phones. It may vary depending on your desk phone model.
How do I get the SIP settings on the RingCentral Online Account?
1. Log in as an Administrator to your RingCentral Online Account.
2. Click Phone System, then Phones & Devices.
3. Under User Phones, look for the Existing phone that you wish to assign to your Cisco phone. You must select a number that is not yet tied with any device. If the number is not yet assigned to a device, you will see Setup and Provision when you point your cursor over it. Click Setup and Provision.
4. Go to Other Phones. Under Existing Phone click Select.
5. Copy the SIP settings.