4. Go to Phones & Numbers
, and then select Phones
. Click Add Phone
5. Select the Location of your device, and then click Next
For instructions on how to add a Desk phone that will be used in an International location, go to Adding a RingCentral Global Office Number through the Online Account
6. Select Other Phones
, and then click on Existing Phone
You will see a pop-up with a note: Select this option if you have your own unlocked SIP compatible device you'd like to use
Click Add to Cart
7. Specify the number of Phone Number / Digital Line under QTY
, and then click Next
8. You will be given 2 options for your Existing device's number. a. Use an Existing Number from your account -
You can select any non-Toll-Free number assigned to either your Company Auto-Receptionist, or Special Extensions on your account. A Special Extension can either be a Message-Only Extension
or an Announcement-Only Extension
.b. Purchase a New Number for your account -
You can purchase a Phone number to be assigned as a Digital Line to your Existing device.
9. Select the device where you want to assign the number by ticking the box next to it, and then click Assign to Selected
10. The Phone number assigned to the Existing phone is shown. Click Next
11. Select the Emergency Address that will be assigned to the phone.
• If you have set an Emergency Address for a device before, you can select it from the drop-down menu.
• If the Emergency Address for this device you are adding is different from a previously set Emergency Address, click New
When you select New
, the page will redirect to a window where you can Add new Emergency Address
Fill out the Emergency Calling Address form.
Make sure you read the terms and conditions, then tick the checkbox to Accept the Terms, and then click I Accept
Use the address where your Desk phone is located. DO NOT
include special characters in the Customer Name field. IMPORTANT: This is the address that will be used in the event of an emergency call (911 in the United States and Canada, 999/112 in the United Kingdom, and such other Emergency Call Services as applicable in other countries) from this RingCentral Desk phone. Be sure to update this address anytime you change the location where you use this RingCentral Desk phone.
12. Select the device where the Emergency Address will be applied, and then click on Assign to Selected
13. Click Next
14. Select the Shipping Address. There is no phone to be shipped since you already have an Existing phone for the Digital Line. We only need to do this as part of the needed steps.
You can select a Shipping Address from the drop-down list. You can also add a New Shipping Address by clicking on New
If you click New
to add a new Shipping Address, the page will redirect to a window where you can add a new Shipping Address. You can click Save address
so you can use it in the future, and then click Add
15. Select the Existing Device
, and then click Create Shipping Group
16. Click Next
17. Tick the checkbox to acknowledge and accept the charges for the Phone number / Digital Line, and the click Next
RingCentral has set limits for the protection of customers from fraudulent activities or over usage. You may get a message saying that you have exceeded the maximum allowed value that can be processed on your account in a single billing cycle. For security purposes, please contact RingCentral Customer Service
to verify your Billing Information and request an account limit increase and proceed with your desired transaction.
18. Click Done