TABLE OF CONTENTS
The RingCentral for Salesforce App enhances your CRM experience with integrated business communications. With the RingCentral App installed on your computer, you can place calls from within Salesforce by simply clicking on contact or account records. Your incoming calls trigger a pop-up window with the caller’s account information. You can attach call notes to specific contact records. The App also enables you to send Business SMS to new and existing Salesforce Contacts/Leads/Opportunities.
NOTE: Salesforce CRM Integration is available for RingCentral Office Premium and Ultimate customers only.
To learn more about the app, please check the following articles below:
The RingCentral for Salesforce App provides the following benefits and features which increase call efficiency, facilitate organizational collaboration and enhance customer interaction.
Works on any browser, and on both PC and Mac. •
You can use the RingCentral for Salesforce app with any RingCentral endpoint, including a desk phone, the RingCentral Mobile app, or the RingCentral Deskphone app. •
Works with Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Desk.com.•
Seamless integration between your phone system and Salesforce CRM, improving workflow and increasing productivity.• Click-to-dial directly from any contact phone number in Salesforce, saving time and increasing efficiency.• Incoming Calls automatically launch a pop-up window of the caller’s account records. •
Log notes during or after call and switch between browser tabs to work on multiple interactions. • New records – accounts, contacts, leads – can easily be created while on a call.•
Call dispositions are automatically tagged, allowing quick call logging.• Real-time call notes are automatically saved to the corresponding record.•
Easily send and receive text messages to your Contacts/Leads/Opportunities within the app. • Call logs and SMS logs let Users review recent activities.
NOTE: The RingCentral for Salesforce App supports Salesforce Enterprise or Unlimited Edition.
The following operating systems are supported by the RingCentral for Salesforce App:
• Windows 7 and above.
• Mac OS X Mountain Lion and above.
The following browsers are supported by the RingCentral for Salesforce App:
• Internet Explorer 11 (Windows 7, 8 or higher)
• Firefox 52+ (Windows, Mac)
• Chrome 56+ (Windows, Mac)
• Microsoft Edge 38+ (Windows 7, 8, or higher)
5. Why is my Softphone not visible for some profiles?
6. Why are Users receiving a "Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely" Security Warning in Internet Explorer when they use the RingCentral Salesforce.com application?
7. Where can I download the RingCentral for Salesforce App installer?
NOTE: If you need this feature, contact your Account Manager.
8. Is the Windows version of the RingCentral app automatically uninstalled when I install the RingCentral for Salesforce app?
No, the RingCentral for Salesforce app is installed by your Salesforce Admin where a single Salesforce installation is done for the entire company. The Windows based installation is done by each User on their computer.
9. Can my company use both the Windows-based RingCentral app and RingCentral for Salesforce app?
Yes. You will need to manage the Users to associate them to appropriate call center definition in Salesforce.
10. Can a User use both the Windows-based RingCentral app and Cloud based app at the same time?
11. As Salesforce Admin, what do I need to do to move a User from current Windows-based to the RingCentral for Salesforce app?
You will first need to remove the User from the Salesforce call center definition for the Windows application, then add the User to the new call center created as part of the installation of the RingCentral for Salesforce app.
12. What is the Auto-select Call log object?
Auto-select Call Log Object is a feature that allows you to auto select the corresponding drop-down/s value when the navigating through the call information section. To enable the Auto-select Call log object feature, go to Home > tick the checkbox for Auto-select call log object in 'Related To' / 'Name' under Log Customization > click Save.