RingCentral Contact Center Address Book Overview
There are two types of address book:
• Standard address books are populated by manually adding data or by importing an existing contact file.
• Dynamic address books use external data sources to display the contact's presence information as well as the contact information. They are primarily used for contacts who are not agents in the business unit. Contacts in a dynamic address book cannot be manually added or uploaded to Central. They are added from an external source (like a CRM) using the Address Book API. If you don’t have your RingCentral Office extension on your address book yet, you can contact your account manager or customer success manager to get the Corporate Directory added as a dynamic address book that syncs your office extension.
Address Book on Agent Application - MAX
When initiating an outbound contact, such as making a manual outbound call or transferring a contact elsewhere, the agent have the option of using the address book. The address book has a comprehensive search tool to find contacts. It searches across recent contacts, skills, teams, and other agents in your organization. The search displays relevant results as soon as the agent begins typing. You can continue typing to narrow the search results. MAX includes a dynamic address book feature that allows agents to access RingCentral Office presence information and utilize click-to-call in the contact center, the back office, and other areas of the enterprise.
Address Book - Admin Page
Admin can manage address books in Central by clicking Admin >Users> Address Books.
Assign/Unassign an Address Book to/from a User, Campaign, Team, or Skill
Address books provide agents with access, from within their agent application, to contact information for other agents or for entities outside your contact center.
This topic explains how to assign address books and to unassign address book. Assigning an address book makes it available to a specific user, to members of a team, or users who are assigned to a skill or campaign.
1. Click Admin > Users > Address Books.
2. Locate the address book you want to edit assignment. Click the address book to open it.
3. Click the Assignments tab.
4. If you want to change the entity type to which you are assigning the address book, use the To: drop-down and select the entity type to which you want to assign the address book.
a. To assign an address book - In the Unassigned Values table, select the checkboxes next to the values you want to assign to the address book and click Add. Or, to add all values at once, click Add All.
b. To unassign an address book - In the Assigned Values table, select the checkboxes next to the values you want to unassign from the address book and click Remove. Or, to remove all values at once, click Remove All.