RingCentral Phone for Mobile - Optimizing your iOS or Android device
1. Make sure your iOS or Android OS version is up to date.
2. Make sure you have the latest version of the RingCentral Phone for Mobile.
3. Confirm that Integrated calling is enabled or turned ON.
In the RingCentral Phone for Mobile, tap on your Profile picture
> Call Settings
> Integrated Calling
See RingCentral Integrated Calling
to learn more.
This should automatically pop up when installing.
To confirm, go to your Android settings. Tap Settings > General > Apps > RingCentral > App Permissions.
NOTE: Path may be different depending on your Android device. Refer to your device's manual to know how to confirm App Permissions.
4. Disable or turn OFF Wi-Fi assist for iPhone
To do this, go to your iPhone Settings. Tap Settings > Cellular. Scroll to the bottom, and then disable or turn OFF Wi-Fi Assist.
5. Disable or turn OFF Battery Optimization software
Sometimes, apps and OS features disable or turn OFF background app refresh and cause RingCentral Phone for Mobile to time out. Disable or turn OFF Battery Optimization software to seamlessly enjoy RingCentral Phone features.
• Make sure Low Power Mode is disabled or turned OFF. Go to iPhone Settings > Battery > Low Power Mode.
• Confirm that Background App Refresh is enabled or turned ON for RingCentral for Mobile App. Go to iPhone Settings > General > Background App Refresh.
Disable or turn OFF Battery Optimization Mode or Doze Mode from your Android OS.
NOTE: Battery Optimization will disable or turn OFF background apps in order to conserve battery life. However, it will cause time-outs of the RingCentral Phone for Mobile.