Administrator: Setting up an extension's Call Screening
The Call Screening feature lets you identify the caller so you would know how to answer the call. This feature is disabled by default and can be enabled so that callers would announce their names before continuing to connect the call.
When this feature is enabled, Users will be able to hear the caller's recorded name and use the IVR prompt to answer the call on either the RingCentral Phone or RingCentral Phone for Mobile.
IMPORTANT: Only Super Admins, User Admins, and Users with User Admin access can set up an extension's User Greeting. See User Roles and Permissions for more information.
Follow the steps below to learn how you can enable and set up an extension's Call Screening settings on the RingCentral Online account.
1. Log in to the RingCentral Online account, then go to the Users section on the Admin Portal.
2. On the User list > Users With Extensions tab, click the User.
3. Click Screening, Greeting, & Hold Music.
4. Click User Hours or After Hours.
5. Check Enable below Call Screening, then click Edit.
6. Select the preferred setting, then click Done.
NOTE: When you enable Call Screening, you also need to set up and enable the Play announcement before connecting settings. If you enable Call Screening, and the Play announcement before connecting is set to Never, the User will not be able to hear the Call Screening announcement when the User picks up the call. See Admin: Configure a User's Incoming Call Information for more information.