Things to know about Inbound VoIP Calling
• Inbound VoIP calling is turned ON by default on Wi-Fi connections.
• On iOS (version 8.0 and up), incoming VoIP calls to the RingCentral Phone for Mobile will come in regardless whether the app is running or not. This is the case even if the RingCentral Phone for Mobile is manually killed via Task Manager, or automatically put to sleep by the OS.
On iOS, even when the RingCentral Phone for Mobile is displayed in the Task Manager this does not necessarily mean that the app is running. The OS controls if and when the apps run and may put the app to sleep at any time. Your RingCentral Phone for Mobile will wake up so that you can receive the incoming VoIP call even if your app is not running. If you want to block incoming VoIP Calls temporarily, please turn off the VoIP Calling setting on the RingCentral Phone for Mobile.
• Incoming Call Notifications to the RingCentral Phone and smartphones should be enabled for the inbound VoIP calling to work. This is set in the device's settings.
• The RingCentral Phone and RingCentral Phone for Mobile get the incoming call notification simultaneously.
• Voice quality on 3G/4G LTE depends on network data quality e.g., if a user moves away from good data coverage area to a bad data coverage area (e.g. driving in a car), VoIP calls through 3G/4G may have voice quality issues.
• The RingCentral Phone for Mobile uses your phone's native ringtone and has support for vibrate mode.
• Depending on the device model, users may need to unlock the phone's screen before answering the call.
• On the RingCentral Phone for Mobile version 8.2 and up, you can enable or disable Incoming VoIP Calling by toggling the switch for Data (VoIP) Calling. When you DISABLE Data (VoIP) Calling, it disables both your Inbound and Outbound VoIP Calling.
NOTE: Battery may drain quicker on some Android models with inbound VoIP enabled.
How to Enable or Disable Inbound VoIP Calling
To Enable or Disable Inbound VoIP Calling, follow the steps below:
IMPORTANT: When you turn off Data (VoIP) Calling, it disables both your Inbound and Outbound VoIP Calling.
1. Log in to your RingCentral Phone for Mobile.
2. Tap your profile picture.
3. Tap the slider button across Data (VoIP) Calling to either enable or disable this feature.
RingCentral Phone for Mobile - VoIP Calling | OutboundRingCentral Phone for Mobile - VoIP Calling | 3G/4G Data ConnectionRingCentral Phone for Mobile - VoIP Calling | Issues