Connect an SFTP Account to Archiver
Follow the steps below to link an SFTP account to the RingCentral Archiver:
1. Log in to your RingCentral account.
2. Click Tools > Archiver Beta > Accounts > click Connect opposite to SFTP.
3. Enter your SFTP credentials, then click Connect.
NOTE: Contact your IT department to get your company's SFTP credentials. The image below shows sample credentials:
IMPORTANT: The "Create Folder" and "Change Directory" permissions need to be allowed in the main (Root) directory of the SFTP site for the RingCentral online account to be able to connect to it.
Whitelist RingCentral IP's on Firewall policy
IMPORTANT: For the Archiver application to successfully work, you need to whitelist RingCentral IP's on your Firewall policy:
The specific steps required to whitelist depends on the FTP server solution used. Reach out to your company's IT admin for help with whitelisting the IP addresses.
Back up data as an Administrator
Click Sync Options > Enable Backup.
NOTE: This is enabled by default.
Administrators have two available backup options:
• Account Settings - Backup is enabled by default; however, you will need to check Call Recordings so it can be backed up. The data is backed up every hour and stores all the extensions' call recordings generated within the hour before the Archiver's last run.
• Extension Settings - Changes made in this view will only apply to the Administrator's own Extension settings. Administrators can enable or disable Voice Mails, SMS, and Fax backups. The Call Recordings option cannot be unchecked in this view since it is already enabled on the Account Settings view.
Back up data as a User
Users can back up their own call recordings, voicemail, text messages, and/or fax. The settings an extension user makes only affects his/her own extension. Select which data to backup as shown below:
RingCenral Archiver - Overview