Where to access the RingOut feature
RingOut can be initiated from the following sections when you log in to the RingCentral Online account.
1. The RingOut Button on the main menu - The RingOut (Handset icon) button is on the upper right-hand portion of your RingCentral Online account.
2. The Overview tab - The Overview tab displays the recent outgoing and incoming calls on your RingCentral account. Clicking on any of the displayed numbers will activate the RingOut feature.
3. The Messages tab - Click the Messages tab to open your Inbox. Click on the sender's number to initiate a RingOut call.
4. The Contacts tab - Users can go to Contacts > Personal tab to initiate a RingOut call. Click the name of the contact, then click the contact's number to initiate a RingOut call.
See RingOut Overview for more information.
How to Use the RingOut Feature
1. Click the drop-down list to choose a phone number you want to use to talk to the person you want to call. The phone numbers listed are also the forwarding numbers you have in your extension. You can also enter a phone number that is not included in the list by selecting the Custom phone number option. When you select Custom phone number, you will be provided with a box where you can enter the phone number you want to use to make the call.
2. Tick the Prompt me to press 1 before connecting the call to hear a prompt that will ask you to press 1 to proceed with the call. The prompt will play 3 times and if you are unable to press 1. the call will be disconnected after 40 seconds and RingOut will be cancelled.
3. Click the Call button. After you click the Call button, your phone will ring and the RingOut window will show you a message that will inform you of what RingOut is currently doing. When your phone rings, you will see the number that you want to call as the caller ID, which will help you identify that the call you are getting is for the RingOut that you initiated.
4. Once RingOut has connected you to the number that you want to call, you will see a message on the RingOut window that says "Call has been completed." The RingOut window will close automatically and then you can hang up manually on your phone if you wish to end your call.
NOTE: To end the call before RingOut connects to the person you are calling, click Hang Up.