RingCentral App (Glip) - Add Co-Workers or Invite Guests
1. Click People on the left pane.
2. Start typing in the search box to narrow down the list of people. Use the Show and Sort drop-downs to filter and sort the list of people. One helpful filter is Admins, which will show you the list of your company's administrators on RingCentral App.
3. Adding someone to the RingCentral App is as easy as clicking the Invite People button and then entering an email address.
NOTE: You can also invite people by clicking the link below the Tip on the right pane.
You can also click the Invite People button at the bottom left pane to invite people to your RingCentral App account.
People that you add with email addresses on your company's private domain are automatically considered co-workers. For anyone that you add with an email address on a different domain, however, that person is assumed to be a guest. If your company doesn't use email addresses on a private domain (i.e., you use webmail addresses, like gmail), everyone is added as a guest.
Once you've added someone to RingCentral, there's no need to wait for them to join before starting to communicate with them. They'll receive your messages via email until they join and can even reply to those emails and have their messages appear right in the conversation stream.
QUICK TIP: If you’d prefer not to enter email addresses individually and your company uses a private email domain, just tell your co-workers to go to glip.com and sign up with their work email address. They’ll automatically be put into your company’s network on RingCentral App.
For people that haven't yet signed up for RingCentral App, you'll see a RE-INVITE button. Click RE-INVITE to send out a new email invitation.
As you hover on each person's row on the People page you'll see a gear icon appear to the right. Click on it to expose a menu with the following options:
• Mark Unread - If you want to make sure that you come back to a conversation later, marking it as unread with set the unread message indicator next to its entry on the left pane to 1.
• Close Conversation - Closing a conversation will remove it from the left pane, but will not delete the contents.
• Post via Email - Displays the unique email address for your conversation with the given person, which can be used to post via email.
• Mute All Notifications - Turn off Email, Mobile, Desktop notifications, as well as sounds, for this conversation.
• Mobile Notifications - Override your global mobile notification settings. For example, you may have mobile notifications turned off for People conversations on the Preferences page, but you could elect to turn them on for this conversation.
• Desktop Notifications - Even if you have desktop notifications enabled, you can turn them off for this conversation.
• Email Notifications - Override your global email notification settings. For example, you may have email notifications set to Every 15 Minutes on the Preferences page, but you could elect to turn them off for this conversation.
• Sound - Override the default sound played when new messages are posted in this conversation.
• View Profile - View the given person's profile page.
• Change to guest - Only available to admins, this option will change the given employee to a guest. If the person in question was a guest, the option would be Change to co-worker and would send the person an invitation to change companies and become an employee in your company on RingCentral App.
• Deactivate this user - If the given person is a co-worker, this will delete their RingCentral account. If the person is a guest, the option is Remove this guest and it will just remove them from your company. The person can still use RingCentral App independent of their role as your guest. Once someone has joined RingCentral, only an admin can remove them.
• Add Integration - Add an integration into the conversation with this person.
Guests are people that you can communicate and collaborate with on RingCentral App but do not work at your company. They might be clients, partners, contractors or vendors. Anyone that you don’t consider an employee.
Within a given conversation, guests don’t have many limitations. They can post anything (chats, tasks, files, etc.) and can see the entire conversation history. Importantly, though, they don’t see anything on RingCentral App, be it people or teams, outside of the conversations that you’ve explicitly included them in. This implies that guests also aren't part of the default company team.
For example, say Dave from Acme adds Jill at ClientCo as a guest and then adds her to a “Launch Project” team that includes Peter and Tracy from Acme. Jill will only see the Launch Project team on the Teams page, and only Dave, Peter and Tracy on the People page. She won’t see any other Acme people or teams.
NOTE: Jill and other people from ClientCo can start to use RingCentral App for their own purposes, without needing to create a separate account. You only ever need one account on RingCentral. Click here to learn more.
Beyond what people and teams they see, guests do have some other limitations. Guests can’t add people to your company, can't create teams for your company, or generally manage your teams (e.g., add/remove people, rename, create folders, etc.).
If your company has a paid subscription to RingCentral App there’s no reason to hesitate about adding as many guests as you need. You don’t have to pay for guests as part of your subscription.
The guests displayed on the People page include the people that you have added as a guest to your company on RingCentral App, people that have added you as a guest of their company, and people from other companies that you happen to be in a team with. For example, a partner of yours from another company may have added both you and someone from a vendor of theirs to a project team. That vendor will appear as a guest on your People page because of the shared membership in that project team.
Guests are further identified on the People page with striped backgrounds, as well as their company's domain.
A Team's name will appear with stripes on the Teams list if it has guest/s on it.
RingCentral App (Glip) - Conversation Stream Overview