Create a Park Location Group through the RingCentral Online Account
Park Locations work on the RingCentral Phone, RingCentral Phone for Mobile, as well on desk phones that support Presence. Account Administrators can set up Park Locations by adding a Park Location Group on the RingCentral Online account. Presence should then be set up on extensions authorized to use the Park Locations.
Park Locations allow a specific group of people to park a call in a private location that only specific individuals can pick up. To be able to do this, they must be added as authorized members of a specific Park Location Group in the Online Account.
CEO's assistant answers a call on behalf of CEO, who is on another call; Assistant parks the call on a specified Park Location; CEO can then pick up the call on his phone.
NOTE: Up to 100 Park Location groups can be added through the Online account.
Creating a Park Location allows Account Administrators to specify the extension number and authorize Users to park as well as pick up a call from the park location.
1. Log in to the RingCentral Online account.
2. Go to Phone System > Groups > Park Locations.
3. Click New Park Location.
4. Specify the Group Name and Extension Number. Click Save.
5. Click Yes to add Users that can park phone calls to this extension.
6. You will be redirected to the Location Members screen. Select the names of the Users that should be added to the list. Click Save.
IMPORTANT: If the added user/s belong to a ring group, all members of the ring group must be added to the Users of the park location.
7. Click OK. The Alert window appears as a reminder to set up the User's Preference.
8. Set Up Presence Appearance on the RingCentral Online Account.
Call Park - Frequently Asked Questions | RingCentral
Call Park - Use Park Locations | RingCentral Phone Desktop HUD
Call Park - Use Park Locations | RingCentral Phone for Mobile