Setup 3rd Party/BYOD Polycom phones to work with RingCentral | Assisted Provisioning
Requirements before you proceed to setup your phone:
• IMPORTANT: If you purchased your device from a different provider, make sure that the phone is unlocked before you proceed.
If your phone is still locked with your previous provider, you may get an error or may not register. Please contact your previous provider's support to have the phone unlocked.
• You need to Add a DigitalLine
before you can configure your phone via assisted provisioning.
How to setup/provision your Polycom phone
You must have Administrator access in order to proceed with the steps below. Access to add a DigitalLine or phone number is limited to the following Administrator roles:
• Super Admin
• Phone System Admin
• Custom Roles with access to Phone System > Phones & Devices
1. Log in to your RingCentral Account
2. Go to Admin Portal > Phone System > Phones & Devices
3. Under User Phones
, look for the Existing phone
> click Setup and Provision
4. Click the Polycom IP Phones
tab, select the Polycom phone model that you will provision, and then click Next
If your phone is not on the list it means that it is not supported via assisted provisioning. Go to Manual Provisioning: Polycom phones
for steps on how to configure your device.
5. Reset your phone. Depending on the phone model, reset instructions may vary. Please follow the reset instructions for the specific phone model. See example below.
After the phone resets, enter your Polycom phone's MAC Address on the space provided, then click Next
The Media Access Control (MAC) Address is usually found at the back of the phone or through the Phone status menu. It should have 12 characters and should consist of the numbers 0-9 and letters a-f.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions for provisioning your phone.
To check if your Polycom phone is Online after assisted provisioning, go to Admin Portal
> Phone System
> Phones & Devices
> User Phones
. Your phone is Online when you see a Green Check
next to it.