• In order to share Salesforce objects in the RingCentral App, the RingCentral App’s Salesforce integration must be set up for you by your company. You will get a pop-up message when you try to paste a link from Salesforce to RingCentral App.
• When you share a link, your colleagues will have to click through to Salesforce to see any meaningful information about the lead, opportunity, etc. When you share an object, it will look like this.
• Your co-workers will be able to click on the object’s name to see details displayed on the shelf (right pane).
• The information displayed here is pulled in directly from Salesforce. The fields displayed are based on your company’s “compact layout” for the given object type.
• Your and your co-workers will have to authenticate with Salesforce the first time they click on a shared object or go to share one themselves. This ensures that information from Salesforce will not be displayed for someone who doesn’t have the appropriate access to the given object.
• When you or one of your colleagues is prompted to authenticate with Salesforce, you'll see the standard Salesforce sign-in form.
If you use Single Sign-on (SSO) to access Salesforce in your company, you need to click Use Custom Domain, and then a pop-up window will appear. Enter your company's Salesforce domain in the Custom Domain field and click Continue.
NOTE: Your company's custom domain can be anything and maybe like this, companydomain.my.salesforce.com. Contact your company's Salesforce Administrator if you do not know your company domain.
• You can post replies to a Salesforce object, search for them, mark them as favorites, etc. You will also notice a new Salesforce section added to your shelf so that you can quickly access recently shared Salesforce objects.
• If you would like to set up Salesforce integration, click Integrations > Salesforce. To learn more, see Salesforce Integration Setup.