Company Call Handling and Operator Extension - Set up | RingCentral
This article will guide Administrators
on how to configure your Company Call Handling settings. Follow the steps and click on the links below to proceed:
1. Log in as an Administrator to your RingCentral account.
2. Click Phone System.
3. Click Auto-Receptionist, and then click IVR Settings.
Configuring your Company Call Handling Settings
4. Click Edit under the Company Greeting. You have two (2) options:
i. Play company greeting
ii. Connect Directly to Extension
i. Play company greeting
This option is enabled by default. When Play company greeting is enabled, callers will hear either the default company greeting or your recorded company greeting. Choose if the rule will be applied to your Company Hours or After Hours, select Play company greeting, and then click Done. See Advanced Company Call Handling Settings.
Connect Directly to Extension
When you select this option, the caller will be directed to the extension that you selected, let's say a department. Choose if the rule will be applied to your Company Hours or After Hours, click Connect directly to extension, and then choose the extension where you want the calls to be routed, and then click Save. See Advanced Company Call Handling Settings.
NOTE: When you select this option, the Company Greeting will be bypassed and the rules of the extension where the calls were routed will be applied. See Routing Company Calls Directly to an Extension for more information.
Setting your Company's Operator Extension
The Operator Extension is an extension that is set up to receive all calls and messages that comes in to the Main Company Number. The Default Operator Extension is 0, however, you can assign another User or Extension as the Operator Extension. To configure your Company's Operator Extension, follow the steps below:
4. Under Operator Extension section of your account, you will be able to see the list of extensions and departments in your RingCentral account. Select the extension or department that will serve as the Operator, which will receive all the calls and messages when your Main Company Number is dialed. Click Done.
5. Click Save to save your settings.
NOTE: When zero "0" is pressed:
• When the caller is listening to the Company Greeting, pressing zero "0" connects the caller to the Operator Extension.
• When the caller is listening to any extension's greeting, pressing zero "0" returns the caller to the Company Greeting.
• When the caller is listening to any extension's greeting, pressing zero "0" twice connects the caller to the Operator Extension.