Polycom phones not sold by RingCentral may still work with manual provisioning. In manual provisioning, the SIP settings are acquired from the RingCentral online account and entered manually into the corresponding provisioning fields.
• RingCentral does not provide additional support for phones purchased from third party vendors. For product support on devices not purchased from RingCentral, please refer to the product's vendor for support.
• Some RingCentral desk phone features will not work on manually provisioned phones. It may vary depending on your desk phone model.
What phones are supported for Manual Provisioning?
• Polycom phones that are not listed here.
• The following phone models will not work with RingCentral:
○ Polycom Lync CX Series phones: CX100, CX300, CX500, CX600, CX3000, CX5100
○ Retired Polycom SoundPoint IP phones: IP300 / IP301 / IP320 / IP330 / IP430 / IP500 / IP501 / IP600 / IP601
○ Retired Polycom SoundStation IP phones: IP4000 / SoundStation Premier
What are the requirements before you proceed to set up your phone?
1. Check on this list if your phone is supported by Assisted Provisioning: List of Supported Phones. If the phone model is supported, follow the instructions on this guide: Deskphones - Assisted Provisioning | Polycom | Setup 3rd Party/BYOD phones
2. If you purchased your device from a different provider, make sure that the phone is unlocked before you proceed. You may encounter an error that the phone is not registering with RingCentral. This may mean that the phone is locked with your previous provider. Please contact your previous provider's support to have the phone unlocked.
3. You need to Add a Local Phone Number and assign the Phone number to your Desk phone.
What are the steps for Manual Provisioning?
1. Add a Local Phone Number and assign it to your existing Polycom phone.
2. Get the SIP Settings from your RingCentral online account.
3. Get the phone's IP address, and then enter it into a web browser to access the phone's user web interface to enter the SIP settings. Depending on the profile you select to log in as, the default passwords are:
• Admin: 456
• User: 123
Refer to your phone's user guide or contact your phone's support hotline for specific instructions.
How to check the status of your phone?
To check if your Polycom phone is Online after manual provisioning, go to Admin Portal > Phone System > Phones & Devices > User Phones. Your phone is Online when you see a Green Check next to it.